A better commute makes for better employees.
Commuting doesn’t have to take a toll on your employees, their cars, and the environment. Sharing a ride to work in a carpool, vanpool, or bicycling together is beneficial for commuters and for your company, even if employees use a commuting alternative only one day a week. Once your RideshareOnline.com program is in place, your organization will gain from increased employee productivity, available state and federal employer tax credits, and the opportunity to offer RideshareOnline.com as a low-cost or no-cost employee perk.
Alternative transportation options are good business.
By implementing a commuter program in the workplace, employers benefit from:
- Adding commuter benefits to employees’ compensation package at little or no cost
- Tax benefits and cost savings
- Bulk discounts for bus/rail passes
- Lower employee parking and/or workspace demand
- Increased employee productivity
- Enhanced retention and recruitment
- Reducing and measuring the organization’s carbon footprint
- Added points for Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design (LEED) certification
Employees Benefit, Too.
Participating employees will appreciate the following benefits:
- Out-of-pocket cost savings
- A faster commute where high occupancy vehicle lanes are available
- Decreased wear and tear on their personal vehicle by carpooling, vanpooling, or taking the bus or train instead of driving alone
- Pre-tax savings on bus/rail and vanpool expenses
- Emergency Ride Home program to ensure that they can get home in an emergency if they rideshare or use bus/rail
- Increased productivity and reduced commute-related stress
There are many ways to implement or improve a program at little or no cost—some benefits actually save employers money. Your local provider can help with setting up a new commuting program or improving your current program.